Thursday, March 31, 2005

Hopes

Now that Terri Schiavo is gone, I can only hope that all the people who kept this bloody fight going will one day have the entire country passing judgment on their private medical and family matters. I can only hope that talk radio, TV psychics and thousands of weblog writers will make pronouncements about what's best for their family. I can only hope that Congress will step in, so it can control the outcome. I can only hope that people like Dean Esmay - 10 pounds of shit in a five-pound bag - who willingly spread falsehoods about this case will have an endless litany of protestors screaming in his ear that he is a murdering sadist Christian-hater, and that Tom DeLay will take to the floor of Congress to declare that he is "a man of questionable morals." I can only hope that all the people who used this family's grief as a bludgeon will be personally lectured over the public airwaves by Rush Limbaugh.

I can only hope that as they sit at the bedside of someone they love, they will have Randall Terry in the hallway, conducting a live interview on CNN.

I can hope, can't I?

No comments: