Thursday, June 22, 2006

O'Reilly: Bring back Saddam


O’Reilly: Now to me, they’re not fighting it hard enough. See, if I’m president, I got probably another 50-60 thousand with orders to shoot on sight anybody violating curfews. Shoot them on sight. That’s me… President O’Reilly… Curfew in Ramadi, seven o’clock at night. You’re on the street? You’re dead. I shoot you right between the eyes. OK? That’s how I run that country. Just like Saddam ran it. [Emphasis mine. -TM] Saddam didn’t have explosions - he didn’t have bombers. Did he? Because if you got out of line, you’re dead.

-The Radio Factor, 6/19/06
Hey Bill, I've got the perfect guy for the job. I'm sure he's looking for work, too - if he can beat the rap.

UPDATE: Thanks to Utopia commenter Anonymous' favorite weblogger, the Rude Pundit, who reminded me that O'Reilly also said that the International Red Cross was to blame for the Guantanamo prisoners' suicides.

Not. making. this. up.

Oh, and pre-emptively: the minute The Rude Pundit gets a high-profile nightly TV show, or is featured on the cover of Time, we might begin to discuss how he "compares" to O'Reilly, Coulter, or the rogue's gallery of hate merchants infecting the right-wing airwaves these days. Until then, not so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Bill O'Reilly is an idiot. I don't understand how he keeps his job.

I do not, however, condone sodomizing him with a microphone over this. I find this to be hate speech on Rude Pundit's part, even though he's not on the cover of Time and he doesn't have his own t.v. show. I think the media, unfortunately, gives good coverage of hate mongers on both sides of the spectrum. Even if not true, I don't think that negates the hate involved in the idea of sodomizing someone with a microphone because of their views. I think you find this style of expression funny and it's okay because you agree with the underlying opinion. You disagree with Ann Coulter's opinions, therefore her rhetoric is beyond the pale in your mind. I find this hypocritical. I disagree with your views about this.