Monday, August 23, 2004

Landslide

I don't intend this to be a standard "link and comment" sort of site. There are thousands out there, and they do it better than I ever could. I want to write about what matters to me - a short-form columnist, if you will.

But Paul Waldman's column in the Gadflyer is just too good to pass up. I particularly loved this part, which speaks to how I'm feeling these days:
But today, something different grips liberals, particularly those ensconced in enclaves like Manhattan, Madison, or San Francisco. Even though they live in an environment in which almost everyone is progressive, they believe that such places are few and far between, and the vast majority of Americans are conservatives whose values and political choices couldn't be more different from theirs.
Read the whole thing, as they say. It's worth it. And a soothing balm to embattled liberals like me.

No comments: