Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Iraq War: A Play in One Act

Now that the "blame the media" meme is back at full strength, thanks to people like Laura Ingraham demanding that the Today Show broadcast footage of smiling Iraqi children, I thought it would be a good time to reprint something written back in June 2004 by Adam Blust on his now-defunct weblog, Words Mean Things.

The Iraq War: A Play in One Act

RIGHT: That hornet's nest is interfering with my enjoyment of our tree. Let's poke it and get all those hornets out.

LEFT: What, are you crazy?

RIGHT: No, it's a great plan. I have this giant stick and I'm not using it at all. Here goes!

[frenzied poking]

[swarm of hornets emerge, stinging both Right and Left]

RIGHT: Damn you, Left! You didn't help me poke! This is all your fault.

Finis.

No comments: