Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I want to marry Jon Stewart, if he'll have me

Jon Stewart showed again last night that he can take apart any conservative pundit, if he wants to. Finally that pompous gasbag Bill Bennett gets the kind of media attention he deserves: scorn, wrapped up in equal parts humor and common sense.
Bennett: Look, it's a debate about whether you think marriage is between a man and a women.

Stewart: I disagree, I think it's a debate about whether you think gay people are part of the human condition or just a random fetish.
Of course, people like La Shawn Barber believe being gay *is* a random (and destructive) fetish, so there you go. Some people are unreachable. But I think there are a lot of people out there who would respond if the debate were put in Stewart's terms, instead of Bennett's.

No comments: