Thursday, June 08, 2006

The last word

Writing about Ann Coulter in any form is stupid, since all she wants is publicity anyway. So I'll just close the whole topic with this "I wish I wrote that" comment from Balloon Juice on one of Coulter's "witches" who are "enjoying their husbands' deaths":
Having seen Kristen Breitweiser several times on television, I think she would be happy to debate anyone, anytime on any aspect of our pre-9/11 preparedness or what has happened in terms of homeland security since then. I don’t think anyone who supports the Bush Administration’s policies really wants that debate because she knows more about this subject than probably anyone else, including the 9/11 Commission. I don’t give her positions on anything more credence because her husband died, I give them credence because she really knows her shit.

These women did what I hope I would have done in their place. They could have gone on with their lives, but they decided that they would do everything they could to try to make sure this never happens to anyone else. I can’t think of a better way to honor their dead loved ones.

No comments: